Sexual Harassment and 第九条
Put a stop to sexual harassment. You are protected through 第九条.
第九条 of the Education Amendments of 1972 (20 U.S.C. _ 1681) is an all-encompassing federal law that prohibits gender-based discrimination in educational institutions that receive federal funds. 第九条 is most commonly associated with gender discrimination in sports and is credited with advancing participation of women in athletics. 然而, the scope of 第九条 is much broader. It prohibits gender-based discrimination in all college programs and activities.
第九条 protection from discrimination extends to faculty, staff and students and includes such things as: sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, gender-identity and pregnancy. It also prohibits retaliation against anyone who makes or participates in a complaint.
How does TCC define sexual harassment?
Tacoma Community College defines sexual harassment as unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature which offends the student, causes discomfort or humiliation, or interferes with school performance; or in the case of employees, is made a condition of employment, is used as a basis for employment decisions or interferes with an individual's work or creates a hostile or offensive 工作环境.The TCC Sexual Harassment 政策 are designed to protect students, 教职员工. Please contact the on-campus resources for complete policy information.
Sexual harassment includes any unwanted sexual attention such as:
- Subtle pressure for sexual activity
- Sexually suggestive gestures, notes, teasing, jokes
- Deliberate and unwelcome touching, pinching, patting
- Attempts to kiss or fondle
- Pressure for dates, pressure for sex
- Inappropriate and/or offensive personal remarks of a sexual nature
- Sexually demeaning comments, sexual graffiti, or offensive illustrations
- Requests for sexual favors in exchange for grades, salary increases or promotions
- Embarrassing and sexually suggestive favoritism shown by an instructor toward a student(s)
- Disparaging remarks about one's gender
Tacoma Community College On-校园 资源
If you would like to talk with someone about sexual and physical violence, please contact TCC's 第九条 Coordinator:
Executive Director, Human 资源
EEO Officer and 第九条 Coordinator
Sexual Harassment Is Illegal
Because sexual harassment is a type of sex discrimination, you may also file a formal complaint of sex discrimination with:
- The Human Rights Office
- Washington State Human Rights Commission
- U.S. Equal 就业 Opportunity Commission
- U.S. Office for Civil Rights, Department of Education
Tacoma Community College policy prohibits all forms of sexual harassment.
Tacoma Community College will take appropriate action to resolve the complaint and which protects the rights of both the person complaining and the alleged harasser. Tacoma Community College has been very successful in resolving both formal and informal 投诉.
City of Tacoma Human Rights Department
747 Market Street, Room 808
Washington State Human Rights Commission
711 S. 国会大道402号
360.753.6770 ‹ 800.233.3247
United States Equal 就业 Opportunity Commission
909 First Avenue, Suite 400
206.220.6883 -- 800.669.4000
United States Department of Education
U.S. Department of Education
915 Second Avenue Room 3310